As 2022 comes to a close, our team is smiling about all the fun we had this year. For the first time since the pandemic, we hosted more in-person events than virtual ones and got to work with several friends we know personally, which makes an event even more special.
Here are a few of our favorite memories from the past 12 months:
- Had our first-ever dance-off to close out an in-person game show. When asked “How do we end our events?” an event participant enthusiastically shouted out, “Dance off!” so we went with it and it was fantastic.
- Held our first virtual In It to Win It event – we shipped each participant their own game kit and then held the competition over Zoom. This allowed a distributed remote team to share in all the fun from wherever they lived.
- John served as the technical director and DJ for a virtual conference for earthquake scientists. He got everyone shaking, rattling, and rolling (puns intended).
- Held our first on-TV event for the Real Housewives of Salt Lake City. From Sandcastle Wars and relay races to bubble soccer, we promise no housewives were harmed during the making of this episode. (Check out Season 3, Episode 11 if you want to see the action!)
- John added virtual auction host to his resume, helping auction off items at a fundraising event. It turns out he’s pretty darn good at selling to the highest bidder.
- Held our biggest in-person game show for an accounting firm. We had no idea number crunchers could be so fun!
- John served as the “Game Master,” aka purveyor of fun, for the annual retreat of a peer group he’s a member of. To be clear, this is John’s role in every group he’s in.
All of this was made possible because we have amazing clients who invest in building healthy cultures and trust us to connect their teams through fun. We are grateful for every event planner and participant who played, laughed, sang, and danced with us in 2022!
From our Grin Events family to yours, we wish you a Happy, Healthy Holiday Season!
P.S. Ready to kick off your 2023 with some smiles or sweet dance moves? Our team is standing by to help!